Yahoo Mail on the app and desktop will now let you manage most of your email accounts with support for multiple mailboxes. You can have separate mailboxes for Yahoo, AOL, Outlook and Gmail accounts.
Shiv Shankar, Senior Product Manager at Yahoo said: “Search, smart contacts, rich compose [multimedia attachments to mail] features and Yahoo Account Key for password-free sign-in are now available with Gmail. You can now search across your entire history of emails, from day one, for all connected mailboxes! (Not just your most recent emails, which is how it’s done in many apps today).”
The app and desktop site do however, require a Yahoo email account to get started. Then add your Gmail or other accounts from the “Account Settings”.
The new features of the app include:
- Add Outlook, AOL or multiple Yahoo mailboxes and easily switch between them.
- Attach multiple photos and videos at once.
- Search across all of your messages, contacts, files and photos.
- Use Smart Views to sort your emails by categories.
- Press down on the compose button to quickly compose a message to yourself.
- Account Key for password-free sign in.
- 1000GB of free space.