A look at Apple's iPads
The new iPads announced Tuesday are Apple's fourth and fifth models. Here are Apple's iPad releases since its debut in 2010.
* iPad, April 3, 2010. Original model (announced Jan. 27, 2010).
* iPad 2, March 11, 2011. Faster processor, thinner. Comes with two cameras for taking photos and video chatting (announced March 2, 2011).
* iPad (third generation), March 16, 2012. Faster processor, much sharper screen and improved camera (announced March 7, 2012).
* iPad (fourth generation), Nov. 2, 2012. Faster processor, faster Wi-Fi and new Lightning connector, matching what's found in latest iPhone (announced Tuesday).
* iPad Mini, Nov. 2, 2012. With 7.9-inch (20-centimeter) screen, instead of 9.7 inches (24.6 centimeters). Screen is 1024 by 768 pixels, same as original iPad and iPad 2 (announced Tuesday)