Actor Anas Rashid narrowly escaped a mishap recently, during his visit to the sets of Masterchef India at the R K Studios. Fire broke out on the scaffolding while the shoot was on with judges Sanjeev Kapoor, Vikas Khanna and Kunal Kapoor. Some part of the scaffolding fell off due to a short circuit that caused fire. Everyone was evacuated from the sets.
Underplaying the situation, Anas says, “It was a short circuit and the fire wasn’t huge. Such things occur during shootings. Thankfully no one was harmed. I don’t want to hype it.”
The special shoot of the cooking reality show, which will air soon on Star Plus, was stalled for two days to get the set back in order. The producers also had to coordinate dates with the judges and the Diya Aur Baati Hum actor.
Anas will appear on the show as Sooraj, his character in the show, and will be a guest judge.