Serena Williams booked a semifinal berth, serving a 6-0, 6-0 thrashing to birthday girl Carla Suarez Navarro in just 53 minutes. Read on to know more...
* It was the first double bagel at a US Open quarterfinal since Martina Navratilova did it to Manuela Maleeva in 1989. These are the only two 6-0, 6-0 QFs in the Open Era.
* The two sets were Serena's 22nd and 23rd bagel sets of the year. She's played 149 sets of tennis in total, meaning she's bageled opponents in 15.4% of sets played.
* This was the American's seventh career double bagel. The most recent, before this drubbing, was in the first round of the Australian Open this year.
* She's notched four of her seven double bagels since 2011.
* Serena's match lasted 52 minutes. On the same day, Li Na, her semifinal opponent, played a set that lasted 62 minutes.
* Serena has bageled Li just once in their nine previous meetings but it came in the lone match where she lost to the Chinese.
* Novak Djokovic finished off his straight-set victory over Marcel Granollers with two 6-0 sets of his own. So, over the course of the two matches, the No. 1 seeds won 24 consecutive games and lost none.