Poland's Robert Kubica, whose Formula One racing career was interrupted by a near-fatal rally crash in 2011, hopes to return to the track soon although his arm is still not strong enough to drive single-seaters.
"For the, let's say future, I don't have any plans up until now. In the end, I am still at the stage of rehabilitation but for sure I would love to compete in a high level championship, or in a rally or on a circuit," he told Reuters on Thursday.
Kubica suffered severe arm and hand injuries in the crash in February last year but has expressed a desire to return to Formula One.
The Pole was speaking ahead of a rally in Italy where he is getting behind the wheel for Citroen although Kubica said he was taking things slowly for now.