Indian travellers look at Bali, Krabi as top monsoon getaway destinations
Travel experts say more and more Indians are travelling to international tourist spots this monsoon.travel Updated: Jul 13, 2017 12:04 IST
Planning a vacation seems like the perfect way to escape India’s monsoon. When it comes to international destinations, Bali and Krabi find top spots in the list for Indian travellers, say experts. In India, they prefer to go to Havelock and Kasol. Experts at online travel companies MakeMyTrip, Gofro, and Abhijit Mishra, country director, India, at Kayak, list out the trends this year during the rainy season.
* 27% more trips are being made by Indians this monsoon compared to last year. This year, 60% more Indians are or have travelled to international destinations during monsoon.
* Top leisure destinations during this period are Goa, Manali, Mysore, Ooty, Shimla, Munnar, Kochi, Mahabaleshwar and Nainital. Meanwhile, Havelock, Kasol, Neemrana, Silvassa and Lansdowne are a few of the fastest growing destinations.
* Top international destinations continue to be short haul destinations like Dubai, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia, while the fastest growing international destinations are a mix of short and long haul destinations. The highest growth is seen for Bali, Krabi, Toronto, Seychelles and Seoul.
* Kerala remains the preferred location for Indian travellers planning their domestic holidays. Roughly 30% of travellers search for Kerala bookings. The serenity and vastness offered by the beaches of Kovalam and Varkala and the lush hill retreats of Munnar and Vagamon continue to be an attraction.
* Goa remains pretty stable during the entire season with approximately 25% searches for this all year round destination.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more