If you have plans of visiting the US this fall, we suggest you follow the expert itinerary carefully curated by TripAdvisor.
The National September 11 Memorial has emerged the top trending attraction in the US on TripAdvisor, with year-over-year traffic and interest spiking 425% this fall.
After looking at online traffic at the top-rated attractions in the US, analysts at the world’s largest user-generated travel site compiled a list of the attractions that have seen the greatest increase in traveller interest this fall, based on year-over-year search activities.
Topping the list this season is the Ground Zero memorial in New York, a tribute of remembrance to the victims of the terror attacks of September 11, 2001.
The memorial’s twin reflecting pools sit within the footprints where the Twin Towers once stood and feature the largest man-made waterfalls in North America.
In second spot, online traffic for the Fort Sumter National Monument in Charleston, South Carolina also experienced a major spike, rising 309 percent over the year previous.
The sea fort is located in Charleston harbour and is where the first shots of the American Civil War were fired.
Rounding out the top three spots is Taliesin West in Scottsdale, Arizona, a national historic landmark and the home of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, which saw online traffic rise 291%.
Here are the top trending attractions in the US this fall, according to TripAdvisor:
1. National September 11 Memorial, New York
2. Fort Sumter National Monument, Charleston, South Carolina
3. Taliesin West, Scottsdale, Arizona
4. Hana Highway, Road to Hana, Maui, Hawaii
5. Coconut Grove, Miami, Florida
6. Royal Street, New Orleans, Louisiana
7; Quincy Market, Boston, Massachusetts
8. Portland Aerial Tram, Portland, Oregon
9. Shoreline Sightseeing, Chicago, Illinois
10. LaZoom Comedy Tour, Asheville, North Carolina
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more.