Bigg Boss: 5 not-to-be-missed moments from Shah Rukh, Salman show
Bigg Boss 9 saw Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan declaring undying friendship in a style all their own. We bring you the five best moments.BiggBoss9 Updated: Dec 22, 2015 09:43 IST
Indian television’s most controversial TV show, Bigg Boss 9, set the stage for India’s most famous friends-turned-foes-turned-friends Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan to publicly bury the hatchet once and forever. As TRPs went crazy, Bollywood’s reigning Khans oozed an endearing bromance. Hell, their chemistry with each other was so electric even SRK-Kajol jodi lost its sheen.
While the 49-year-old Bajrangi Bhaijaan star exhibited his usual nonchalance and cheekiness, a more subdued Shah Rukh matched his friend’s energy with his wit and impeccable sense of humour. Their contrasting personalities looked a perfect match, showing the pair’s comfort level with each other.
1. From making entry on the show on a bike-car like Jai-Veeru from Sholay, dancing on each other’s hit tracks, to breaking into impromptu bear hugs, Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan’s first appearance together on Bigg Boss Nau created history on Indian television.
2. Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir Khan are considered as each other’s biggest competitors in Bollywood and their so-called professional rivalry always makes news. Taking a jibe at this, Shah Rukh said to Salman, “While we were busy fighting, Aamir Khan paced ahead of us and left us behind. We kept fighting among ourselves and he went ahead.”
3. The Happy New Year star praised Salman’s hosting stint, saying, Bigg Boss has got a “zabardast, permanent” host in the actor. When a fan asked them how much they missed each other during their fight, Shah Rukh said, “We knew there would be no issue. Our families knew no one could bring us together. Only we could decide about our patch up.” Salman added, “Neither I spoke bad about Shah Rukh nor did he about me. We never separated.”
4. They were later joined by Kajol, who has worked with them in many successful films. The trio starred in Karan Arjun and blockbuster romantic drama Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. The actress first danced on Gerua with her Dilwale co-star and later played a game with both Shah Rukh and Salman. One person heard loud music on headphones while trying to lip read what the others were saying.
5. Later, telling Salman that it was about time that he should get married now, SRK revealed that a lot of girls are eager to marry him. Harshali Malhotra, the little girl who was seen in Salman’s hit Bajrangi Bhaijaan, appeared on the show and told Salman not to fall for SRK’s words and added he cannot see you happy!
(With inputs from agencies)