Bigg Boss 4 will be a longer season than the previous three. The show will now run over 96 days instead of the usual 84 days. The House is spread across approximately 4000 sq feet.
But this one doesn’t have too many enclosures. It’s an almost wall-less House. There’s an open kitchen and a store room. A jacuzzi, a tiny gym area, a unisex bedroom with double beds and an elevated quarter for the head of the House who will change every week.
There are also two unisex bathrooms and washrooms with microphones and cameras fitted in. Plus, a swimming pool, two activity areas, a tiny smoking zone and a barbeque corner. There’s no jail in the House this time.
Room for more
Instead of 40 cameras, there will be 50 cameras, including PTZs and gully cameras, keeping tabs on inmates, 24X7.
The Confession Room has been designed for restricted entry. The flight of stairs leading up to it will only open up only when the Bigg Boss wishes. Whenever an inmate enters, instead of a discreet electronic bell, he or she will have to ring a big metal gong that will be heard through the House.
This year there are no graphics on the walls. But there’s an exceptional use of solid colours. Production logistics haven’t changed much, with story editors still working three shifts.
Sandip Vinayak Prabhu, the Bigg Boss voice, will be on duty from October 3, and promises to keep the inmates on their toes.
1. The living area with the gym and an entry into the confession room.
2. A unisex bedroom with an elevated room for the head of the house.
3. An open kitchen with a dining space and a storeroom.
4. The jacuzzi, to be used only when the Boss permits.
5. The swimming and wave pool with a barbeque corner.
6. The confession room appears suspended from the ceiling with restricted entry.