Actor Shaleen Bhanot, who was holidaying in Dubai to welcome his birthday, did not see what was coming next.
The actor went snorkeling with his friends and since he enjoys swimming, he told his friends that he’d go for it alone. However, when he was in the sea, he saw a high tide approaching, which relaxed in a bit. But amidst all this, Shaleen also felt a sting on his foot and when he tried to check what it was, he lost balance, gulped water and got choked. This affected his breathing and nearly got him drowned. Though he couldn’t shout for help, his friends, who were filming this, noticed it and called for help. They sent a boat to Shaleen and he was finally rescued.
Recalling the incident, the actor says, “It was quite a nerve wrecking experience. Now I can sit back and smile and say this but at that moment I went absolutely blank and had no idea what was going to happen. I’m glad that my friends were recording my snorkeling and they saw this. Imagine if they had not, it could have been fatal.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more