Pratyusha was tortured by Rahul, he should rot in jail: Parents
Pratyusha Banerjee’s parents demanded death or imprisonment for life for the actor’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh. They claimed that Rahul ‘tortured and finished’ their daughter. He has been booked by police for abetment of suicide.tv Updated: Apr 06, 2016 16:13 IST
TV actor Pratyusha Banerjee’s father Shankar Banerjee and mother Soma spoke to the media on Tuesday and blamed her boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh for their daughter taking the drastic step. Pratyusha committed suicide on Friday at her Mumbai apartment. The police on Tuesday registered a case against Rahul for allegedly abetting her suicide, based on the statement of Pratyusha’s mother.
Rahul -- who was interrogated by police for two days after Pratyusha’s suicide on April 1 -- is presently undergoing treatment in a suburban hospital for the past two days. He is likely to be arrested after his discharge from hospital in a day or so. During the questioning earlier, he had said he was innocent.
“Rahul should be either hanged or kept in prison for the rest of his life. He ruined my daughter’s life, she should get justice,” Shankar said. A prayer meet was held for Pratyusha Banerjee on Tuesday at a gurdwara in Mumbai which was attended by her mother, father and her close friends. This is what her parents had to say about her suicide...
1. We didn’t come in front of the media all this while because we wanted all the rituals to be done. We have lost our daughter and we have filed an FIR... whatever problem she had, we have recorded our statement at the police station.
2.He (Rahul) should not get out. Our daughter should get justice and we would like to appeal to the entire nation to help us in seeking justice for our daughter. He tortured our daughter a lot and finished her.
3. Our world has been shattered. It doesn’t matter if he (Rahul) is hanged or gets life imprisonment. Our daughter’s soul won’t rest in peace unless he is punished...We trust the law and have faith that truth will ultimately come out.
4. She was very interested in astrology and would ask me (Pratyusha’s father) to read her horoscope. Her star sign was Leo. I was telling her that it was a good year for her. She said her life was very difficult.
5. Like any other girl Pratyusha had a dream of getting married and have kids. But lately she realised that she had taken a wrong decision and lost her life while doing the wrong right.
6. Rahul claimed he had four flats, three cars and 150 acres of land. He even told Pratyusha that his mother is an MLA in Mandar, but we never found truth in his statements.
7. He and I (Pratyusha’s mother) had not spoken for quite some time. She called on March 31 evening asking me if I spoke to him. I don’t even want to take his name. I told her to live happily. That was our last conversation.
8. Rahul and his father used to handle Pratyusha’s finances. Rahul would use her debit card. He had forced Pratyusha to cut herself off from her staff, us (her parents) and her friends.
9. Pratyusha had realised he is not right for her. She melted and lost her way thanks to his sweet talks.
10. We are fighting this case, so that these things never happen to any other girl. He should get the strictest punishment. We are getting full support from police and are sure that justice would be done.
(With inputs from agencies)