Salman Khan is clearly the most loved host on Bigg Boss. Thanks to his popularity, the Dabangg star has been hosting the controversial reality show for five seasons and will do it for the sixth time now.
When Salman is on the show on weekends the TRPs soar and for obvious reasons: The man is funny when he is in a good mood, he can give a good lashing to those who are in the wrong, according to him of course, and because of his flirtatious ways.
Here, we list down nine moments from the show when Salman absolutely won hearts:
1. When Bigg Boss 8 had the characters of ‘jallad and pari’ on the weekend episodes. While Jallad was a man with a no-nonsense expression, pari was a meek, beautiful girl. As Salman flirted with pari, he tried his best to elicit some expression from jallad. It was fun to see Salman getting cowed down by someone.
2. When Salman’s ex-girlfriend Katrina Kaif visited Bigg Boss 4 to promote her film Tees Maar Khan, opposite Akshay Kumar, he ensured he embarrassed her. Salman even called her ‘expiry actor’ but the ex-flames played it in good jest and all ended with smiles.
3. On Bigg Boss 8, Salman recreated a scene from the comic caper Andaz Apna Apna with Shahid Kapoor filling in for Aamir Khan. The duo enacted the scene from the film where Amar and Prem meet for the first time while getting on a bus. Salman even tried to learn a few steps from Shasha, shaking legs to the tunes of Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai.
4. When Rekha visited Bigg Boss to promote her film, Supernani, on Bigg Boss 8, she recounted an anecdote from the sets of Biwi Ho To Aisi that left Salman red-faced. Rekha said, “I used to go for morning walks and Salman would follow me on a bicycle. He even told his family that he will marry me when he grows up!” Salman could only say, “Shayd isiliye meri shadi nahi hui,” to which Rekha quipped, “Nahi, shayad isliye maine shadi nahi ki!” The gorgeous actor also danced with Salman to Dagabaz from Dabangg 2.
5. It was heart-warming to see Salman scold Imam Sidique on Bigg Boss 6 and bat for ‘former rival’ Shah Rukh Khan. Imam had said Salman had made Preity Zinta and Shah Rukh Khan the stars that they are today. Reacting strongly to his statements, Salman said, “Kis SRK aur Preity Zinta ki baat kar rahe hain aap? Aapne banaya hai unko? Shah Rukh Khan ko Shah Rukh Khan uparwale ne banaya hai, fans ne banaya hai. Uski mehnat, lagan aur dedication ne banaya hai Shah Rukh Khan ko. Same goes for Preity Zinta.”
6. On Bigg Boss 7, Salman shared an anecdote from the sets of Karan Arjun. Salman told the audience that Shah Rukh Khan used to snore on the sets, disturbing everyone’s sleep and they had to push King Khan from his bed to wake him up!
7. During season five, when Salman visited the house, he gave a dressing down to the contestants and spared none: He called Pooja Mishra ‘irritating,’ Siddharth Bharadwaj ‘errant’, Amar Upadhyay ‘spineless’ and Akashdeep ‘delusional’. That’s one of the interesting bits when Salman hosts the show - he has his favourites but that doesn’t stop him from scolding them.
8. It was one of the cutest moments when contestant Sana Khan made Salman blush on Bigg Boss 6. Salman was flirting with Sana and asked her what would she give him as ‘Eidi’, she said “jo aap mango”. Trying to play it smart, Salman gestured and made a face wondering what gifts did the offer include, to which Sana quipped “Haan wo bhi” leaving the star red-faced.
9. Even though it is repetitive, it is adorable when Salman flirts with one of the ladies in the house. Especially when he is just complimenting them and not actually flirting, like he did with Ashika Goradia (Bigg Boss 8) and Urvashi Dholakia (Bigg Boss 6).
What were your favourite moments from across the seasons? Share them with us in the comment box below.