Shilpa Shinde, TV association gen secy lock horns over her expulsion from the body | tv | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 20, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Shilpa Shinde, TV association gen secy lock horns over her expulsion from the body

Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain actor Shilpa Shinde says she was removed from CINTAA as the body is siding with producers who are against her.

tv Updated: May 04, 2017 07:34 IST
Anjuri Nayar Singh
Actor Shilpa Shinde says people in CINTAA are taking advantage of their position.
Actor Shilpa Shinde says people in CINTAA are taking advantage of their position.

Shilpa Shinde, who was part of the executive committee of Cine And TV Artistes Association (CINTAA), was removed from the body during the annual general meeting on Monday. The actor, who had recently filed sexual harassment charges against Sanjay Kohli, producer of the show Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain that she quit last year, says that the association is siding with the producers. “CINTAA has proved that they are with producers. I became a committee member after contesting elections and they removed me. They know that if I am part of CINTAA, I will stand for artists and producers ki band baj jayegi. Producers have admitted that humein CINTAA ke committee members ko khilana padhta hai.” says Shilpa.

In February last year, Shilpa had left her show Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain citing issues with the non-exclusivity clause in her contract and said that she was mentally tortured. Producer Benaifer Kohli, Sanjay Kohli’s wife, had sued Shilpa for Rs 12.5 crore for the losses they had incurred because of her absence. In March this year, Shilpa pressed sexual harassment charges.

Last year, in a letter to Shilpa, CINTAA, IFTPC (Indian Film and Television Producers Council) and FWICE (Federation of Western Indian Cine Employees) banned her from working in the industry till she pays her dues to the producers of her show. The actor had filed a criminal suit against them at that time. “There was a letter which was passed through IFTPC, FWICE and CINTAA that I am a non-cooperative artist and I have to pay the producer for the losses they have incurred because I left the show. The letter said that no one should give me work. This was an order they gave. I have filed a criminal case against them for which the process is on and they are in trouble. I haven’t done it against a federation but against the people who have signed the letter,” says Shilpa, who filed the case against Sushant Singh (general secretary and spokesperson - CINTAA) and Harry Baweja (chairman - IFTPC) .

Shilpa adds that the federation has often requested her “to take the case back.” “I don’t want any money from them and this is a punishment. I got a letter from IFTPC that they are no longer with CINTAA and they will take back the letter accusing me of non-cooperation. But I will not take my case back,” she says.

Producers have admitted that humein CINTAA ke committee members ko khilana padhta hai.

Talking about Sushant, Shilpa says, “Aap serial (Savdhaan India) mein bolte hai darr kar nahi, datt kar. Maine bola toh mujhe nikaal diya. Mujhe lagta hai ki aap personal level pe inti badhi amount le chuke ho producers se, so you need to side with them.”

When we got in touch with Sushant, he dismissed her claims. “I challenge anyone to prove that. If anyone is making those statements, proper legal and criminal action will be taken. If she has given that statement, I will see legally what I need to do regarding that,” says Sushant.

Talking about Shilpa not being part of CINTAA anymore, Sushant says, “It is an association which she doesn’t believe in, whose rules and regulations she doesn’t follow and respect. Ideally, she should have left the association long time ago. In our annual general body meeting, we told the members her case, what she has been saying against CINTAA and reasons why she should not be there. The general body voted against her with a thumping majority.”

Follow @htshowbiz for more