We guess we will be telling you something or the other everyday about Game of Thrones until the premier of season 6 next year, because the stuff just keeps pouring in. Those of you who were expecting a film on the popular HBO TV series there is disappointing news for you. Refuting an earlier report by a British tabloid, author George RR Martin has said that “nothing is decided” about the film.
The internet erupted in joy when The Daily Star reported that the A Song of Ice and Fire series writer had confirmed the rumours that a film on the HBO fantasy series is indeed in works.
According to the report, Martin said he will not be involved in the film and that show writers David Benioff and DB Weiss will be in charge.
The report also quoted Martin, who is currently writing the final two Game Of Thrones books, as saying” “There will be a movie but I will not be involved”.
However, according to a new report by The Huffington Post, Martin has denied the rumours about the film.
“There’s been talk about it. I’d love to see one, but nothing is decide,” he said.
What Movie? http://t.co/fLY6B0ydiQ— George RR Martin (@GRRMspeaking) October 1, 2015
Martin’s assistant added that the statements attributed to Martin in the original report by The Daily Star were “not direct quotes”.
Martin reaffirmed his new statement in a comment posted on his LiveJournal page, where he said: “No one is working on any movie just now. And if there was a movie, it would not be about Robert’s Rebellion.”
Last month, Game Of Thrones won key awards out of its 83 nominations including Outstanding Drama Series at the 67th Emmy Awards. Actor Peter Dinklage’s role as Tyrion Lannister in the HBO series earned him an Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
Game Of Thrones was also lauded in the Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series, while David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were honoured for Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series for the show on a day when Martin himself turned 67.