... Apart from, of course, wishing for a good downpour, cribbing about power cuts and the ‘kitni garmi hai’ rhetoric
Grab a book
Nothing better than chilling with your feet up with your favourite book in an air-conditioned, friendly library. If you haven’t checked out some of the coolest libraries in the Capital, do stop at Max Mueller Bhavan, The American Center and British Council, all within walking distance from each other, at Kasturba Gandhi Marg in Connaught Place.
Take a theatre treat
After shaam ki chai and before supper, catch up on an evening play in a cool and comfy atmosphere. Some of the old and established places around town include Sammukh Auditorium (Mandi House), National School of Drama (Bhagwan Das Road), Kamani Auditorium (Copernicus Marg), Shri Ram Centre (Mandi House), India Habitat Centre (Lodhi Road) and Muktodhara Auditorium (Connaught Place).
Read | Delhi can't beer it: out of stock in scorching summer
Shop and indulge indoors
Clothes, shoes, accessories, gadgets, food or movies. When you have access to all these things in the refreshing and sophisticated surroundings of a mall, then why not go ahead. There are plenty of malls in Vasant Kunj, Saket, one or two in Noida and a couple in Laxmi Nagar to give you good respite from the sweltering heat of the Capital.
What to eat and drink
Banta at North Campus, flavoured milk shakes at Keventers in Connaught Place, kulfi at Kuremal Mohan Lal Kulfi Wale and Giani’s in Old Delhi. Then, there’s the Shikara Lovely Chuski at India Gate with the many yummy flavours.
* Go easy on the road rage, as that sends temperatures soaring all the more. No gussa while driving or dhakka-mukki in the Metro.
* Throw some cold looks at the mean guys in office and in life. This is no season for warmth!
* Don’t dress hot. You don’t want the guys sweating more.
* PLEASE use deodorant. Half the city’s summer woes would be solved.
Read | Red and itchy: dealing with skin woes in summer
Cool it with humour
* Meanwhile in UP and Delhi...Teacher: What’s the speed of light?
Student: Jab aayegi tab bataunga.#AcheDinBijliBin
* Delhi is so hot that ice-cream vendors are selling sweetened hot milk
* Delhi is so hot that Deepika Padukone is jealous of it.