Pak army says India ‘hiding’ casualties in surgical strike | world-news | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 07, 2016-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Pak army says India ‘hiding’ casualties in surgical strike

world Updated: Oct 02, 2016 01:36 IST
PTI
PTI
Highlight Story

The Indian Army carried out a surgical strikes on terror launch pads up to two kilometres from the LoC in the wake of the Uri attack. (AFP File Photo)

The Pakistan Army on Saturday said it was “sure” that Indian troops had suffered casualties in the surgical strike on terror launch pads in Pakistan-occupied Kashimir, alleging that India was “hiding” its losses.

Pakistan military spokesperson lieutenant general Asim Saleem Bajwa stated this while briefing reporters in Baghsar area of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.

Radio Pakistan reported him saying that Pakistani troops have given befitting response to Indian firing on the line of control.

“We are sure that the Indian side would have suffered casualties but it is hiding details in this regard,” he said.

Bajwa said the country’s armed forces are fully prepared to respond any aggression, however, he also said that war was not in anybody’s interest.

He once again rejected as “false” and “concocted” the Indian claim of surgical strikes within Pakistani territory following the Uri terror attack that killed 19 Indian soldiers last month.

The terror launch pads were targeted by the Indian Army on the intervening night of September 28 and 29 in a nearly five- hour-long operation.