Advertisement

HindustanTimes Fri,22 Aug 2014

World

Pak: Indian info on 26/11 not enough to act against Saeed
Rezaul H Laskar , PTI
Islamabad, August 06, 2009
First Published: 16:09 IST(6/8/2009)
Last Updated: 17:39 IST(6/8/2009)

Pakistan on Thursday said the information provided so far by India on the Mumbai attacks was not enough for it to take legal action against outlawed JuD chief Hafiz Mohd Saeed.

"It needs to be underlined that the dossiers and information received from India apropos Saeed are not really enough ... to proceed legally as is being expected," Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit told a weekly news briefing in Islamabad.

He was responding to a question about statements made in the Indian Parliament about the lack of action by Pakistani
authorities against Saeed.

Basit said Pakistan was proceeding in the case of Saeed "according to our own laws."

Pakistan was also moving forward with the trial of five LeT operatives arrested in connection with the Mumbai attacks,
he said, adding he could not comment in details as the mater is subjudiced.

Saeed, who was put under house arrest in December last year in the wake of the Mumbai attacks, was freed on June 2
on the orders of the Lahore High Court.

The Federal and Punjab provincial governments last month filed petitions before the Supreme Court against the release
of Saeed.


Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved