This mom has a warning for others after her child suffered burns from phone charger | world-news | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 20, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

This mom has a warning for others after her child suffered burns from phone charger

Courtney N Davis, from Kentucky, US, took to Facebook to warn other parents about the potential dangers of electrical devices such as phone chargers.

world Updated: Oct 12, 2017 13:50 IST
HT Correspondent
The child suffered an electrical burn in the corner of her mouth after she chewed on a plugged-in phone charger. (Facebook/Courtney N Davis)
The child suffered an electrical burn in the corner of her mouth after she chewed on a plugged-in phone charger. (Facebook/Courtney N Davis)

An American mom has shared pictures of her daughter’s burnt mouth after she chewed on a plugged-in phone charger.

Courtney N Davis, from Kentucky, US, took to Facebook on October 5 to warn other parents about the potential dangers of electrical devices such as phone chargers.

“On Sept 28th my 19 month old stuck my phone charger in her mouth. We went to the Dr who confirmed that it was an electrical burn there was nothing they could put on it due to her being able to lick it.,” Davis wrote in a Facebook post, which has been shared more than 300,000 times so far.

She narrated how her daughter suffered the severe burn within a “few seconds” of putting the charger in her mouth.

“Any other day my charger wouldn’t have been plugged up in her reach but bc of a bunch of stuff going on that day I didn’t have time to move it,” she said.

“It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned. She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it. The one day it isn’t moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn.”

The child suffered the severe burn within a “few seconds” of putting the charger in her mouth (Facebook/Courtney N Davis)
Day 4 of the incident. (Facebook/Courtney N Davis)

Davis said luckily the toddler doesn’t seem to be bothered by the injury but she pleaded with parents and guardians to be careful with their phone chargers.

“Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach.”

“My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her.”

She later updated her post saying the concerned device was a third-party charger that fits a “Samsung Note 5”.

Accidental injuries due to mobile phone explosions have been widely reported, but such injuries involving phone chargers are rare.