Technology to the rescue: Man thanks iPhone’s Siri for saving life in explosion | world-news | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 23, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Technology to the rescue: Man thanks iPhone’s Siri for saving life in explosion

A man in the US was badly injured during a house explosion. He somehow asked his iPhone’s voice-controlled virtual assistant Siri to call 911, believing he was going into shock.

world Updated: May 15, 2017 21:32 IST
A woman uses her iPhone 6.
A woman uses her iPhone 6.(Reuters/ Representative image)

A New Hampshire man who was injured in a house explosion is thanking Siri for saving his life.

Christopher Beaucher says he was checking on his mother’s vacant cottage in Wilmot on May 1 when he saw something suspicious and went inside.

He tells WMUR-TV (http://bit.ly/2pNoixW ) when he switched on a light, the house exploded.

“The whole place caught fire,” Beaucher said. “Part of it collapsed while I was in it during the initial explosion, so I couldn’t really tell where I was.”

Beaucher’s face and hands were badly burned. He grabbed his cellphone but was unable to dial because of his injuries. He says he somehow asked his iPhone’s voice-controlled virtual assistant Siri to call 911, believing he was going into shock.

Beaucher is undergoing treatment for his injuries but says he hopes to return to his job as a cook and tend to his farm.

“I’m very, very, extremely lucky to be alive,” he said.

The New Hampshire state fire marshal’s office is investigating the explosion.