11 die in Bolivia after inhaling toxic gas | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 30, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

11 die in Bolivia after inhaling toxic gas

Eleven people have died after inhaling a poisonous gas emanated from two open pesticide containers in a house in southern Bolivian province of Chuquisaca, EFE reported today.

world Updated: Jan 20, 2009 23:10 IST

Eleven people have died after inhaling a poisonous gas emanated from two open pesticide containers in a house in southern Bolivian province of Chuquisaca, EFE reported today.

The victims, including two children, were found dead early Monday.

Health officials who conducted their autopsies confirmed the cause of the death.

Jonhy Zambrana, a doctor, said the youngsters opened two containers of pesticide late Sunday and that the victims died after inhaling the toxic substance (emanated from the containers) throughout the night.

The authorities are still waiting for relatives of the victims to arrive and identify the bodies.

Is Your Couch Making You Cough?
Promotional Feature