The United States has said that 135 American nationals have been affected by the flash floods in Leh, although no deaths have been reported so far in the disaster which struck the region last Friday.
"I think we're aware right now of about 135 US citizens affected by the floods. We have no reports of deaths or injuries," State Department spokesman P J Crowley said.
"As of yesterday, I think there were still a handful of American citizens that we had not yet had contact with, so I would assume at this point that we have not accounted for everybody, but at this point we're not aware of anybody that has been killed or injured," Crowley said.
The official on Wednesday said that about 100 US nationals have been affected by the flash floods in Leh.
Four more bodies were pulled out from under the mud and slush in Leh on Wednesday, taking the toll to 170 as relief and rescue operations went on for the sixth day in the affected areas.