Afghan and NATO forces killed 15 Taliban fighters in the southern Helmand province, a local official said on Saturday.
"In a joint clean-up operation involving Afghan and NATO forces launched in Sangin district on Friday, 15 enemies were left dead," Azatullah Mujahid, the district chief of Sangin said.
Azatullah Mujahid said there were no casualties among Afghan and NATO troops.
However, a purported Taliban spokesman Qari Yusuf Ahmadi said only three Taliban fighters lost their lives in the conflict while Afghan and NATO forces suffered casualties.
More than 2,400 people, mostly insurgents, have been killed so far this year in Afghanistan, according to officials.