The death toll from a typhoon that tore across the Philippines rose to 20 on Wednesday, while 60 people were missing, authorities said.
At least 12 people were crushed to death by trees, walls and other objects, while most of the others drowned and one was electrocuted, according to authorities.
The deaths occurred in six provinces on the Philippines' main island of Luzon, including on the outskirts of Manila. The tally of 20 was compiled by AFP from reports by various military, police, civil defence and local government officials.
The National Disaster Coordinating Council, the government body that normally compiles death tolls during disasters, said in its latest report on Wednesday afternoon that eight people had been confirmed killed. But it acknowledged the final death toll would be higher, as it had yet to compile all its data and restore downed communication links to outlying areas.
The council said that 57 fishermen were missing, including six crew members of a boat that sank at the mouth of Manila Bay.
The 51 others were aboard small dugouts that failed to return home when Conson hit the Bicol region southeast of Manila on Tuesday afternoon.
The military said three other people were unaccounted for south of the capital after flooding swept away their shanties. Conson, packing maximum gusts of 120 kilometres (75 miles) an hour, hit Luzon late on Tuesday, then ripped through Manila and neighbouring areas on Wednesday.