27 school kids fall ill after inhaling toxic gas in China
Twenty-seven primary school students fell ill today in a south Chinese region after inhaling toxic gas, local authorities said.world Updated: Jun 13, 2010 19:23 IST
Twenty-seven primary school students fell ill on Sunday in a south Chinese region after inhaling toxic gas, local authorities said.
The children began vomiting and feeling dizzy after they smelled a stinky odour in a classroom of Fulin Primary School in Wuming County in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, said a spokesman with the regional public security department.
Twenty-seven pupils with serious symptoms were receiving medical treatment in Wuming County People's Hospital. They were now all in stable condition, official Xinhua newsagency reported.
An initial police investigation showed the pupils were poisoned by toxic gas, the spokesman said.