A suicide car bomb exploded near a military convoy in eastern Afghanistan on Saturday, killing a civilian, an official said, in the second such attack of the day.
The bomber driving an explosive-laden vehicle rammed into a joint Afghan and US military convoy in Chaparhar district of Nangarhar, provincial government spokesman Ahmad Zia Abdulzai told AFP.
"One civilian was killed, three civilians and three policemen were injured in the bombing," the spokesman said, adding that the bomber hit a police car which was accompanying the foreign forces.
Earlier Saturday a suicide bomb attack killed two Afghans and injured dozens of others including US soldiers and German nationals in front of the German embassy in the capital Kabul.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the Kabul bombing which was the first suicide attack in the capital since the start of the new year.
Afghanistan suffered dozens of suicide attacks last year, making 2008 the deadliest year since the fall of the Taliban regime in a US-led attack eight years ago.