7 bodies recovered after attack on Afghan road crew
At least seven bodies have been taken to a hospital in the capital of southern Helmand province following a Taliban attack on a road construction crew.world Updated: Aug 20, 2010 20:41 IST
At least seven bodies have been taken to a hospital in the capital of southern Helmand province following a Taliban attack on a road construction crew.
Lashkar Gah hospital director Dr Enayatullah Ghafari on Friday said the seven died of bullet wounds. They worked for an unidentified road construction company.
Deputy provincial police chief Kamaluddin Khan says Afghan police are investigating reports that as many as 35 people were killed in the fighting since Thursday in Sangin district. He says the casualties cannot be confirmed because the area is under Taliban control.
Deputy Afghan army corps commander in the area, Ghulam Farooq Parwani, reported that 21 people from the construction crew and 13 Taliban had been killed.