8 die after eating contaminated fish in Dhaka | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 22, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

8 die after eating contaminated fish in Dhaka

The victims had bought the fish called patka or puffer fish, from a local market in suburban Narayanganj in Dhaka.

world Updated: Sep 22, 2007 08:58 IST

Eight people, including a couple, have died and 20 others fell ill after consuming contaminated puffer fish.



The victims had bought the fish, popularly called "patka", from a local market in suburban Narayanganj in Dhaka and consumed it on late Thursday night.



A 10-year old girl died instantly while others died during treatment,

The Daily Star

reported.



Doctors in the Dhaka Medical College Hospital said they had collected blood samples of the victims to test the type of poison.