Al-Qaeda says responsible for car bomb in Yemen | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 08, 2016-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Al-Qaeda says responsible for car bomb in Yemen

world Updated: Feb 25, 2012 20:23 IST

Reuters
Highlight Story

Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility for a car bomb attack in southern Yemen that killed at least 26 people and injured dozens when it was driven towards a presidential palace in the city of Mukalla in Hadramout province on Saturday.

"Al-Qaeda is responsible for the suicide bombing in Mukalla in retaliation for the Republican Guard's crimes," an al-Qaeda source told Reuters.

Yemen's newly sworn in president, Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi, had taken the oath of office hours earlier in the capital Sanaa.