A suicide car bomb slammed into an Afghan army bus in Kabul on Wednesday, killing 13 people, but the final toll is expected to be higher, the defence ministry said.
Six Afghan soldiers and seven civilians had been registered dead, defence ministry spokesman General Mohammad Zahir Azimi said at the site of the blast, raising an earlier toll.
At least 13 people were wounded, he said, adding he expected the final numbers to be higher.
A spokesman for the health ministry gave a death toll of 12, four of whom he said were children.
"Thirteen people have been evacuated to hospital. Among them are children, civilians and military personnel," spokesman Abdullah Fahim said.