A court on Wednesday set May 19 deadline for submission of the crucial investigation report on the bloody Bangladesh Rifles mutiny last year which left 57 army officers dead.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate A K M Enamul Haque asked Criminal Investigation Department of police to submit the charge sheet to start the trial of suspected carnage culprits under the tough Speedy Trial Tribunal, which prescribes the capital punishment for the convicts.
"The CMM asked chief investigation officer of the case CID's special superintendent Abdul Kahar Akand as he failed to submit the report on Wednesday as stipulated earlier," a court official said.
Earlier on March 10, the same court extended the deadline for nearly two months when CID said they nearly prepared the charge sheet against the massacre culprits at the BDR's Pilkhana headquarters detecting the suspects after one year's of thorough investigations.
CID officials said they prepared an initial list of some 900 BDR soldiers out of around 2,100 detained border guards to be charged for their alleged involvement in killings and lootings keeping the family members of the army officers hostage at their Pilkhana headquarters.
They said 533 of the suspects had also given confessional statements before magistrates.