Afghanistan has closed down camps run by Baloch nationalist groups where some 5,000 people were being trained, Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik has claimed.
The minister said that the camps had been shut down by the Afghan President Hamid Karzai on requests by the the Pakistan government.
“Karzai acted after Pakistan requested him to stop the activities of the Baloch nationalist groups and the Afghan President had admitted that some of the troubles in Balochistan province were originating from his country,” Malik contended.
“After we approached the President of Afghanistan with facts and figures, he was kind enough to look into the matter by promising to stop infiltration of miscreants from his side of the border," Malik said at an interaction with reporters at the National Press Club on Sunday.
“There were training camps for 5,000 people in Kandahar but they have been dismantled and their operators have moved out of the area,” he said.
During a recent visit to Islamabad, Karzai was informed about the infiltration of militants into Balochistan. “Karzai had promised to stop the infiltration into Balochistan,” he added.