As many as 10 people died and more than 100 fell ill in two separate incidents in northeastern Cambodia linked to the consumption of dog meat and rice wine.
Kratie provincial health department chief Chhneang Sivutha said on Friday that experts from the UN’s World Health Organization were also investigating the incidents, both in Snuol district.
He also said that people in the province have been warned not to eat the meat of animals that have died from illness or poisoning, and not to drink any type of wine that has not been properly inspected.
Six people died last Sunday after eating the barbequed carcass of a dog that had died for unknown reasons. The other four died after drinking rice wine on Tuesday.