A Pakistani court has directed the defence ministry to secure the release of two persons from the "illegal custody" of the Inter-Services Intelligence.
Lahore High Court Chief Justice Khwaja Muhammad Sharif passed the order on Tuesday in response to separate petitions filed for the recovery of Habib-ur-Rehman of Rawalpindi and Mubashar of Lahore.
The City Police Officer of Rawalpindi told the court that an investigation into the alleged abduction of Habib-ur-Rehman, 24, had confirmed that he was in the custody of the ISI.
A police report said, "During the course of investigation and based on the statements of eyewitnesses, it appears that the abductee is in illegal custody of the ISI".
It further said a sketch of the abductor had been prepared and the defence ministry was being approached to get Habib-ur-Rehman recovered after the identification of the ISI officer who abducted him.
A report filed in the case of Mubashar by acting Interior Secretary Qamar-uz-Zaman said all 15 agencies working under the ambit of the interior ministry had been thoroughly interrogated but the man was not found in their custody.
The Chief Justice directed a Deputy Attorney General to establish contact with the defence ministry and to get the needful done for the recovery of the two men before the next hearing of the matter on May 28.
Habib-ur-Rehman was abducted from a hotel at Murree Road on Nov 18, 2009 and his family has had no communication with him since then.
An FIR was registered with the Civil Lines police station in Rawalpindi but police failed to recover him.
Mubashar's father Muhammad Naseem has said that his son was a teacher in a school of Garden Town in Lahore.
He alleged that ISI personnel abducted his son on October 31, 2009 outside their house in Harbanspura.
Intelligence agencies have been accused of detaining a large number of "terror suspects" from different parts of the country.