Distraught husband dies after drinking lethal cocktail
A 31-year-old Indian has died after allegedly drinking a cocktail of bleach, antibiotics and painkillers following a heated argument with his wife.world Updated: Dec 11, 2013 16:03 IST
A 31-year-old Indian has died after allegedly drinking a cocktail of bleach, antibiotics and painkillers following a heated argument with his wife.
Shanmugan Nathan allegedly fought with his wife Simali Vanitha, 26, yesterday after which she decided to leave him and take their baby girl along, The Star Online reported today.
Family members claimed Shanmugan may have been angry and taken the step, the report said, quoting the deceased's family.
"His younger brother got a call from him in the evening saying that he had drank some bleach and his medicine. He said he wasn't feeling well and needed someone to take him to the hospital. I don't know why he did that. Maybe he was overcome with anger and wasn't thinking properly," a family member said.
He was admitted to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital where he later died. At the mortuary, Simali was distraught but claimed her in-laws had concocted the story to pin the blame on her.
"I didn't leave him and we didn't fight. We always argue but we make up and love each other a lot. I don't know why he would do such a thing", The Star Online reported, quoting her as saying.
She said Shanmugan had been going out last few days and drinking with his brothers and would come home drunk.
Simali claimed that Shanmugan was given the prescription of painkillers and antibiotics after he suffered a gash and fractured toe on his left leg, after a fight with her two weeks ago.