Doctor who killed 8 kids executed in China | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Nov 20, 2017-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Doctor who killed 8 kids executed in China

A mentally-unstable doctor who stabbed eight schoolchildren to death was executed today in China's Fujian province, a media report said.

world Updated: Apr 28, 2010 12:22 IST

A mentally-unstable doctor who stabbed eight schoolchildren to death was executed on Wednesday in China's Fujian province, a media report said.

Zheng Minsheng, 41, who murdered the eight children March 23 at the gate of the Nanping Experimental Elementary School, had admitted in court that he "intentionally" killed them.

He was put in front of the firing squad Wednesday, Xinhua reported.

Zheng had asked the court April 8 to pay more attention to what prompted him to commit the crime, rather than to the crime itself.

"I'm willing to shoulder the responsibility for what I did, but only for 30 percent. The other 70 per cent should go to the woman who dumped me," he was quoted as saying by China Daily.

The doctor said he just wanted an ordinary life like others, but failed. He felt his life was meaningless as he was not married, had been unsuccessful in relations with women, his family and in his career.

He repeatedly told the judge that he had been turned down by a woman and suffered unfair treatment from her wealthy family, which prompted him to carry out the attack.