At least 29 militants were killed in raids carried out in Egypt's North Sinai governorate, the army said on Tuesday.
In a statement, the army said the raids are part of a wide campaign started on Monday in the restive cities of Rafah, Sheikh Zwayed and Al-Arish.
A number of vehicles and tools used by militants in their attacks against army personnel were also destroyed, the statement added.
Egypt's North Sinai has witnessed several violent attacks by militants since the January 2011 revolution that toppled Egypt's ex-president Hosni Mubarak.
The attacks targeting police and military increased after the ouster of Islamist ex-president Mohamed Morsi in 2013 by the military following massive protests against his rule.
Over 600 security personnel have been reported killed since then.
The military has launched security campaigns in the area, arrested suspects and demolished houses that belong to terrorists, including those facilitating tunnels leading to the Gaza Strip.