An American Airlines jet airliner with 210 people aboard was forced to land in eastern Canada when an electrical fire broke out in the bathroom, airport authorities have reported.
There were no injuries and the passengers and crew are safe, said a spokesman Peter Spurway of Halifax airport.
American Airlines Flight 64 was flying from New York to Zurich when the fire broke out last night.
"We received an advisory at about 7:48 pm Halifax Time," Spurway told AFP.
The aircraft landed "without incident," said Spurway, and the passengers "were evacuated to the ground by a set of air stairs."
The emergency was caused by "fire in a fan motor in a mid cabin washroom," he added.
Paramedics treated one person on the scene, but the patient did not need to be hospitalised, Spurway said.