Great-grandmother burnt as toddler sets bed afire | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 20, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Great-grandmother burnt as toddler sets bed afire

A three-year-old boy with a "history of playing with fire" set alight his great-grandmother’s bed while she was sleeping in a mobile home, firefighters said.

world Updated: Jun 30, 2010 08:09 IST

A three-year-old boy with a "history of playing with fire" set alight his great-grandmother’s bed while she was sleeping in a mobile home, firefighters said.

The child woke up in the middle of the night, found a cigarette lighter and set the bed afire, firefighters in Port Orange, 91 km from Orlando, Florida, were quoted as saying by the Australian.

His great-grandmother, Phyllis Hall, was taken to hospital with burns on her hands, feet and upper body, but was discharged later.

There were seven people in the mobile home at that time, including Phyllis' husband Gordon Hall, who was still in hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation, Port Orange firefighters spokeswoman Tanya Saylor said, adding that the boy has a history of playing with fire.