Pakistan on Tuesday said the Interior Ministry will examine a new dossier of information on the Mumbai attacks that was handed over by India.
"Today evening, the Indian Ministry of External Affairs handed over another dossier on the Mumbai incident to our High Commission in New Delhi," Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said in a statement.
"Arrangements have been made for the receipt of the dossier in Islamabad. Once received, the dossier will be forwarded to the Ministry of Interior for examination," he said.
India's last dossier, handed over to Pakistan on August 1, had called on Islamabad to take action against Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, described by New Delhi as the mastermind of the Mumbai attacks that killed 183 people last year.
Pakistan had handed over a dossier on the status of its probe into the Mumbai incident to India in September. Interior Minister Rehman Malik had said that authorities are probing Saeed's alleged role in the attacks but ruled out the possibility of his extradition to India if any of the charges against him are proved.
A Pakistani anti-terrorism court is conducting the trial of seven suspects, including Lashker-e-Taiba operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, arrested for alleged involvement in the attacks. However, the trial has run into several delays and been mired in confusion and controversy.