The head of global police agency Interpol met Pakistan's interior ministry chief on Friday as part of an investigation into the Mumbai attacks, which India has blamed on Pakistani extremists.
Ronald Noble held talks with Rehman Malik, who has been leading Pakistan's counter-terrorism efforts, about the Mumbai investigation, the interior ministry said in a statement.
"The information which the government of Pakistan shared with the government of India through diplomatic channels was shared with the secretary general of Interpol," it said.
Nobel "appreciated Pakistan's sincere efforts to investigate this case and the work done by investigators," the statement said.
New Delhi blamed the attacks, which killed 165 people last November, on the Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and the siege soured a five-year peace process between nuclear-armed India and Pakistan.
Indian police have charged the man accused of being the lone surviving gunman with murder and "waging war against India".
Pakistan's Mohammed Ajmal Amir Iman -- also known as Kasab -- was the only alleged member of the 10-man Islamist commando-style unit captured alive during the November 26-29 siege.
Both LeT and Pakistan have denied any involvement in the attacks but the government in Islamabad admitted last month for the first time that the strikes were partly planned on its soil.
Pakistan said it had filed a case against eight people suspected of a role in the siege, and that six of them were in custody.
Robert Mueller, the director of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation visited Pakistan on Wednesday and Nobel last visited Islamabad in December.