The death toll in Italy's earthquake has risen to 207, with 15 still missing and more than 1,000 injured, including 100 seriously, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said on Tuesday.
The number of injured "was slightly higher than 1,000, of whom 500 were hospitalised, and of those 100 are in a serious condition," Berlusconi told a televised news conference at the epicentre of the earthquake, the Abruzzo capital L'Aquila.
"We have 190 identified victims and 17 not identified, so for the moment a total of 207 dead," Berlusconi said, adding that the government had deployed 7,000 workers in rescue operations, joined by volunteers.
The Italian leader said 150 people had been pulled alive from collapsed structures since Monday's pre-dawn earthquake.
The search for more survivors will continue for another 48 hours, he said.