Kuwait mosque bomber raised no red flags, transited Bahrain | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
May 01, 2017-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Kuwait mosque bomber raised no red flags, transited Bahrain

Gulf authorities say the Saudi man who blew himself up in a Kuwaiti mosque last week arrived on a flight from the island nation of Bahrain and had no background suggesting he planned to carry out a terrorist attack.

world Updated: Jun 29, 2015 15:46 IST
Kuwait mosque attack

Kuwaiti-men-react-at-the-site-of-a-suicide-bombing-that-targeted-the-Shiite-Al-Imam-al-Sadeq-mosque-during-Friday-prayers-in-Kuwait-City-AFP-Photo

Gulf authorities say the Saudi man who blew himself up in a Kuwaiti mosque last week arrived on a flight from the island nation of Bahrain and had no background suggesting he planned to carry out a terrorist attack.

The details released by Saudi and Bahraini authorities paint a fuller picture of the bomber in Friday's attack that killed 27 Shia worshippers. Kuwaiti officials have identified him as Fahad Suleiman Abdulmohsen al-Gabbaa.

Bahrain's Interior Ministry said Monday that al-Gabbaa arrived on a Gulf Air flight from the Saudi capital, Riyadh, at 10.40pm Thursday. He remained in transit for two and a half hours before boarding a connecting flight to Kuwait.

Saudi Arabia's Interior Ministry said the bomber had no record with security forces or any background indicating terrorist activities.

Read: Kuwait says Shia mosque bomber was Saudi, detains his driver

Is Your Couch Making You Cough?
Promotional Feature