A Pakistani anti-terror court on Saturday put off for a week the hearing on a bail plea of LeT's Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, one of the seven suspects in the Mumbai attack case, after defence lawyers said the fresh evidence provided by India and information gleaned from David Headley should be made part of the proceedings.
Anti-terrorism court Judge Malik Muhammad Akram Awan adjourned the case till July 24 after hearing arguments by defence lawyer Shahbaz Rajput.
Rajput said that fresh evidence and material provided by India on the Mumbai incident should be made part of the case.
"I told the court that the material provided by India during recent visits by the Indian External Affairs Minister and Home Minister as well as the information from the interrogation of David Headley should be made part of the proceedings so that we could present our arguments on those," Rajput said.
Sources said the judge observed that arguments should be made on the basis of material and evidence that is already before the court.
The judge ruled that the bail application would be taken up along with the main case against the seven suspects on July 24.
Saturday's proceedings were conducted in the anti-terrorism court in Rawalpindi.
Judge Awan is conducting the trial of the seven suspects behind closed doors in the heavily-guarded Adiala Jail for security reasons.
The trial is not open to the media.
Lakhvi, the LeT's operations chief who has denied his involvement in the Mumbai carnage, recently applied for bail on the ground that the prosecution had been unable to produce any solid evidence linking him to the Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people in November 2008.
The seven suspects have been charged with training and facilitating the 10 terrorists who carried out the assault on India's financial hub.
They have been booked under the Anti-Terrorism Act, Pakistan Penal Code and a cyber crimes law.