Man catches fire after using sunscreen | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 05, 2016-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Man catches fire after using sunscreen

world Updated: Jun 07, 2012 00:35 IST

ANI
Highlight Story

A Massachusetts man has claimed he suffered second-degree burns from a grill after applying sunscreen aerosol spray on parts of his body.

Brett Sigworth insisted that he applied Banana Boat sunscreen to his body before walking over to his grill, not knowing that it would still be flammable after it was on his skin.

“I went into complete panic mode. I’ve never experienced pain like that,” Sigworth said.

The incident resulted in second-degree burns on his chest, ear and back, the only areas where he applied the sunscreen.