Some relatives of those killed aboard Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 said Thursday's confirmation that the plane had crashed was not enough to lay the matter to rest, as they reiterated demands for answers on what caused its disappearance.
"Now I want to know where the main body of the plane is so that we can take out the passengers and get the black box so we can know what happened. Only that, for us, will be full closure," said Jacquita Gonzales, wife of MH370 chief steward Patrick Gomes.
Gonzales and some other next of kin in Kuala Lumpur were reacting to Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak's announcement that an aircraft component known as a flaperon which washed up on an Indian Ocean island had been "conclusively confirmed" as from MH370.
That ends an agonising wait for families of the 239 passengers and crew who have endured 17 months with no proof that their loved ones were dead or alive.
But some continued to harbour deep anger and suspicion toward Malaysia's government.
"I'm still not satisfied. There are still so many questions left unanswered, so many holes in the puzzle," said Lee Khim Fatt, whose wife, Foong Wai Yueng, was a flight attendant.
"Until today we have no answers. Don't just show me a flaperon. Show me more. Answer the questions," he said.
Many relatives have accused Malaysian authorities and the airline of a bungled response to the disaster, possible cover-up, and insensitive treatment of families.
Najib's announcement still leaves the baffling question of what caused the plane to veer off course and fly for hours after its communications and tracking systems were shut off, in what remains one of the biggest mysteries in the history of aviation.
Malaysian authorities insist that they still do not know what caused the plane to vanish.