Four people have been killed and rescuers are searching for 13 miners trapped in a flooded shaft after Typhoon Hagupit hit the northern Philippines, officials said on Tuesday.
The miners failed to return home on Monday from the gold mine in the mountain town of Itogon, provincial governor Nestor Fongwan said as he ordered a search and rescue operation.
They were last reported at a depth of 700 feet (213 metres) below ground, and Fongwan said it was unclear whether they were alive or have drowned.
"We have not recovered any of the 13 miners," provincial police chief Eugene Martin said.
"These are small-scale miners working for a private enterprise."
Landslides in the nearby mountain resort of Baguio killed a 76-year-old woman, her son, and another woman, civil defence officials there said on Tuesday.
Hagupit was poised to slam into China's south coast later on Tuesday packing winds of 195 kilometres (121 miles) per hour.
The typhoon had earlier killed one other person in the Philippines and left two missing, while 2,000 people were displaced.