Nawaz Sharif will not return: Pak bookies | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 08, 2016-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Nawaz Sharif will not return: Pak bookies

world Updated: Sep 08, 2007 13:52 IST

PTI
Highlight Story

Bookies in Pakistan are betting heavily in favour of the former prime minister Nawaz Sharif not returning back from his forced exile, a news report said on Thursday.



"Nawaz Sharif is not returning to Pakistan," according to bets offered by bookies. The rate given by bookies in the gambling market was 1:10 1 for the return of Nawaz Sharif and 10 for not returning.



Farooq Cheema, an expert on the gambling market in Karachi, said according to speculation of bookies there are 10 per cent chances of Sharifs return, while 90 per cent chances are that he would not get back.



"Bookies keep on changing their rates as speculation in the media change," Cheema was quoted as saying by

The News daily

on Thursday.



Ahsan Iqbal, spokesperson for the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz, said the betting in favour of the former prime minister not returning back might be the result of rumours spread by government agencies in the media.



The spokesperson said Sharif would be given a big reception at the Islamabad International Airport on September 10 when he is slated to arrive.