‘No proof of Indian link to Pak attacks’ | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 11, 2016-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

‘No proof of Indian link to Pak attacks’

world Updated: Apr 13, 2009 01:11 IST

Agencies
Highlight Story

Pakistan has not found any conclusive evidence to suggest that India was involved in terror strikes on Sri Lankan cricketers and a police training centre near Lahore, Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik said, dismissing a claim by a top police officer about the Indian link to the attacks.

The remarks came a day after Lahore police chief Pervaiz Rathore made the claim about the Indian link to the two terror attacks which occurred last month.

The Pakistan Interior Ministry chief said evidence was still being collected and investigations were underway.

There is nothing “on record as yet” to suggest India’s involvement in the two attacks, he said, adding he had tried to speak to Rathore to find out on what basis he had made his claim, but was unable to reach him.

Rathore “has been asked as to what basis he took the name of India,” Malik added.