Pakistan's probe into the Mumbai terror attacks has established that the unprecedented strikes were planned outside its country, according to a media report.
An initial probe conducted by a three-member team set up by the Interior ministry has concluded that the 26/11 attacks were planned outside Pakistan, Dawn News channel quoted sources as saying.
The team also stated in its report to the Interior ministry that "no leads" had been found in Pakistan, the sources said. The report did not say where the attacks were planned, the channel reported.
There was no official word on the development. The interior ministry is expected to review the report on the initial probe on Thursday at a high-level meeting.
The ministry is also expected to submit a final report to the government by Saturday, Dawn News reported.
President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani have both said in recent public comments that Pakistan will share the findings of its probe into the Mumbai attacks with India and the rest of the world.
India has blamed Pakistan-based elements, including leaders of the banned Lashker-e-Taiba terror group, for masterminding and coordinating the attacks on the financial hub that killed over 180 people on November 26 last year.
Pakistan has denied the charge and called on India to share information and conduct a joint probe to trace the perpetrators of the attacks.