Pak court adjourns hearing of Mumbai suspects case till Sep 26 | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 25, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Pak court adjourns hearing of Mumbai suspects case till Sep 26

An anti-terrorism court in Islamabad conducting the trial of seven suspects accused linked with the Mumbai attacks, including Lashker-e-Taiba commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, on Saturday adjourned the hearing till September 26 even as a chargesheet was filed against one of the accused.

world Updated: Sep 19, 2009 22:08 IST

An anti-terrorism court in Islamabad conducting the trial of seven suspects accused linked with the Mumbai attacks, including Lashker-e-Taiba commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, on Saturday adjourned the hearing till September 26 even as a chargesheet was filed against one of the accused.

No details of the proceedings were available due to a strict media blackout imposed by Judge Baqir Ali Rana, who is conducting the trial inside the high-security Adiala Jail in the garrison city of Rawalpindi due to security reasons.

The hearings are being conducted in-camera and Rana has issued a gag order, citing national security concerns as well as the security of the accused and witnesses.

Sources told PTI that the judge adjourned the case till September 26 following today’s proceedings.

The Federal Investigation Agency submitted a chargesheet against Younas Anjum, a suspect who was arrested recently, the sources said.

It is still not clear whether the seven accused have been formally indicted as yet though authorities have so far prepared two chargesheets against them.

Lawyers representing the accused said they had been directed by the judge to strictly adhere to the gag order and not to discuss the proceedings with the media.